Please note: We no longer require users to make a reservation to use the Nanodrop, which is available Monday through Friday, 9am – 5pm.
The NanoDrop®ND-2000 is a full-spectrum (190-840nm) spectrophotometer that measures 1ul samples with high accuracy and reproducibility.
The small sample requirement of 1ul makes the NanoDrop ideally suited for measuring:
Nucleic acid concentration and quality of nucleic acid samples up to 15,000 ng/ul (dsDNA) without dilution
- Fluorescent dye labeling density of nucleic acid microarray samples
- Protein analysis (A280) up to 400 mg/ml (BSA)
- Bradford Assay analysis of protein
- Cell density measurements
- General UV-Vis spectrophotometry
Access to the NanoDrop® is free of charge to GEC facility users.
All data and services provided by the University of Wisconsin Biotechnology Center Gene Expression Center are intended for research purposes only. Services are not intended nor certified for diagnostic or clinical use.